1. Pappa al Pomodoro (Tuscan bread soup)- First is Pappa al Pomodoro (Tuscan bread soup). I sometimes put cabbage and kale in mine, but you can add any veg you love. It’s a rich, tomatoey veg soup with the toasted bread added at the end, the hunks of bread make little dumplings." —
You can find the recipe here- https://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/pappa-al-pomodoro/
2. Avocado Pesto Pasta- "Avocado pesto pasta! It’s creamy and healthy with spinach mixed into the sauce. Tastes great with some vegan Parmesan sprinkled on top!" — https://www.blissfulbasil.com/lean-green-avocado-spinach-pesto-pasta-with-sauteed-mushrooms-vegan-gf/
3. Burgers- "At first, I felt excited by two words: Beyond Burgers. I discovered these burger patties at the Sprouts right in my neighborhood so I tried them. Not a fan, BUT I did discover that my favorite thing to do with homemade veggie burgers is to make Copycat FastFood. I top a patty with vegan cheese, caramelized onions, and thousand island sauce made with vegan mayo. So good!"
If you can't find the vegan Beyond Burgers anywhere or don't care for them (like I don't!), make these yummy Vegan Burgers- https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/best-beefy-vegan-burgers
4. Ben and Jerry's — Coconut Seven Layer Bar Ice Cream! Haven’t found this in San Diego yet, but I am on the case! "Ben and Jerry’s 7 layer coconut bar ice cream! So creamy, delicious and full of amazing ingredients! Honestly the best vegan ice cream ever."
Ben and Jerry's has also published their take on vegan cupcakes using this delicious ice cream! Get the recipe here- https://www.benjerry.com/flavors/recipes/coconut-seven-layer-bar-cupcakes
5. Vegan Grilled Cheese! What? "Vegan grilled cheese! Can I get an amen?!" Three deliciously cheesy recipes here- https://peasandcrayons.com/2016/11/vegan-grilled-cheese-recipes.html
6. Coconut Corn Chowder- Replace milk with coconut milk or any other milk alternative you prefer to this recipe. OMG!!!!!! https://ohmyveggies.com/vegan-sweet-corn-chowder-with-coconut-milk/
7. Cinnamon Rolls- Yep, you heard correctly! You can enjoy warm-spice goodness any time of the year, really. I use a mix of cinnamon, and cardamom and I like to add a gentle grating of fresh orange zest! Ding! https://tasty.co/recipe/the-best-ever-vegan-cinnamon-rolls
8. Vegan "Buffalo Wing" Sauce for Cauliflower- "Cauliflower with vegan buffalo sauce is a Party Pleaser!” Make it gluten-free: substitute almond flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour. http://www.noracooks.com/vegan-cauliflower-buffalo-wings/
9. Pumpkin Chili- "Pumpkin chili recipe has been shared by the masterminds at Thug Kitchen. It's so amazing; A great serve for Christmas Eve ’Trim-the-Tree’ Dinner;" or whatever holiday you do.
You can find the recipe here- https://www.popsugar.com/food/Pumpkin-Chili-Recipe-35890481
10. Vegan Zucchini Gratin (wh/yellow squash and asparagus!)- "I LOVE this vegan zucchini gratin made with vegan parmesan (cashews and nutritional yeast). Very YUM!" —
Find the recipe here- https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-zucchini-gratin/
11. Lentil and Chickpea Soup- "A nice warm bowl of lentil and chickpea soup. Easy to make and delicious. I recommend adding a splash of lemon or lime across the top after serving. PS: It is SO WORTH IT to use “small brown lentils” you can order them online of your market doesn’t carry them. https://www.soupchick.com/2011/08/recipe-for-slow-cooker-vegan-lentil-and-chickpea-soup.html
12. Pumpkin Mac and Cheese- "I love making this vegan pumpkin mac and cheese, it's SO cozy and perfect for fall and winter!"
Many variations and tweaks are possible! Start here- https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-pumpkin-mac-n-cheese/
13. Gnocchi with Thyme Vinaigrette- The great thing about this recipe is that you can pretty much use the gnocchi as a base and serve it with just about anything! If you don’t want to make gnocchi, just buy it! https://www.edamam.com/recipe/gnocchi-with-thyme-vinaigrette-and-lemon-cashew-cream-1661413107b17cf828837047d9a1d9f2/gnocchi/vegan
14. McVitie's Gingernuts Biscuits (Cookies!)- "Not really a recipe but Ginger Nuts biscuits from the UK are vegan and sooooo good!" You can order online or make similar ones. Try this recipe- https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/vegan-ginger-cookies-227114
I used almond milk in place of soy milk because I make fresh almond milk nearly every day AND I freeze some in ice cube trays, too, so I always have it on hand.
15. Emo-Clearing is Nurturing, too- Take a nap! Then, during "downtimes" while you are cooking, (or "just because") grab some paper from the recycle bin (what? You have one, right?) and write down a "feel bad" memory. Pour out ALL your thoughts and feelings. Crumple the paper into a ball and safely burn it, or throw it in the trash while saying, "Flash burned and returned to Source Energy." You've just dissipated a good deal of, if not all of the emotions stuck like glue to that memory! Ah!
Judy McNutt- The Writer's Energy Expert